We're glad to have you in 15-211 this semester! In order to get you started, we have created a list of places you should look at in the course portal.
- This is the announcements area. You'll want to keep on top of announcements by either visiting the course portal or subscribing to the news feed.
- To the right of the announcements area is a course calendar. In addition to posting the lecture schedule, we'll post review sessions, office hours and other events that you might be interested in. Consider using the iCal feed to keep on top of this.
- Below the calendar is a sampling of recent discussion board posts. You should subscribe to this so that you can search for answers and post questions. Clicking Older Posts will get you to the discussion board interface from which you can subscribe.
- To the left of the announcements area is a list of links. You should read the course policies and course information links.
- In the list of links is a Get Started guide. This will help you set up your programming environment and guide you through a sample assignment. Completion of this is required. The sample assignment is intended to help you get familiar with the infrastructure, so you can focus on the content of the course in later assignments.